I enjoy speaking to groups about aging and care planning. I have also presented at many conferences, including the district Alzheimer’s Association conference, the Arkansas Aging Conference, the National Association of Social Workers Arkansas conference and other educational conferences.
Topics available for presentation:
- The Family Care Planning Conference: Let’s talk about the tough stuff
- Disenfranchised Grief: Identifying grieving and legitimizing the feelings
- The Anticipatory Grief of the Caregiver
- Caregiver Stress
- The Adult Child Caregiver
- Communication with the person who has dementia
- Safety: Creating a safe care environment for the person who has dementia
- Adult Abuse: Identifying abuse and what to do about it
- Boundaries in the Caregiver Relationship
My presentations have been from one hour to three hours. For community groups, short educational presentations are available on any topic.